- Country: United Kingdom
- Region: Northamptonshire
- City: Daventry
- Zip/Postal Code: NN11 0SN
- Contact Name: David Nguyen
- Car Type: Modified
- Year: 1991
- Colour: Miami Blue
- Condition: Good
- Engine Type: Petrol
- Engine Size: 2.0
- Mileage: 161000
- Power: 167
- Listed: 13/12/2016 7:36 AM
- Expires: This ad has expired
I originally bought this June 2012 as the right car appeared at the right time and I wanted a car to get my hands dirty with. Bought with about 139k on the clock, now about 161k.
Current MoT is until October 2017.
It’s a H reg 205 in Miami Blue, phase 2, looks originally to be a 1.9 but has a GTI-6 engine. I would imagine the car had some intention of track work, as it had lowered suspension, bonnet clips (despite still needing to pull a bonnet release in the normal spot) and other mods like a Magnex exhaust.
Over the years a vast majority of time and money has been involved in what I have treated as a rolling restoration. Some of the things I have done here, but no doubt I’ll have missed some stuff out.
- Some remedial work to the bodywork.
- Sorting out the immobiliser to one with a pair of remote fobs, and matching locks.
- Miles at Pug Racing sorting out the engine bay wiring, and changing the gearbox oil and fitting said immobiliser, as well as power steering.
- Rear beam refresh, including replacing the front springs with OEM spec and the car back to standard height. I think they were Eibach Pro Kit springs, not sure if I have them lying around. I have a bad feeling they’ve disappeared.
- Sorted out the leaks in the car.
- Interior stripped out, cleaned up any rust I saw, new carpet underlay, and the carpet cleaned up, I’ll probably vacuum it up soonish!
- C5 steelies with Michelin’s. Also OEMs with Falkens.
- Virtually entire brake system replaced, master cylinder, calipers, pipes, and the compensators. Ironically, the only things not replaced have been the discs and pads, which look to have lots of life left, I think I’ve bought some brake parts in preparation and they’re all lying around somewhere.
- Repairs to the area above the fuel tank.
- Underside and cavities have Dinitrol applied.
Probably lots of other things too. 2015 was an expensive year, as I’ve had to replace the power steering system and also the cambelt, with the discovery that the head gasket had failed and also having the head repaired due to corrosion. Done by C.G. Cars. They also fitted Baker BM silicone hoses during that time.
Car is serviced annually, with an oil and filter change every 6 months. Usually do it in October, so for 2015 spark plugs, all filters and oil change in addition to aforementioned cambelt. Gearbox oil also changed. 2016 was routine servicing, with brake bleed.
It’s not perfect though. Some of the remedial bodywork repairs have started to rear their ugly head, around the rear arches and the bottom of the rear windscreen, and some rust appearing on the driver side inner arch, under the power steering reservoir. The rear bumper mounting points have been on the to do list for a while, the driver side has rotted through. I have the fabricated parts from the forum group buy a while ago, just never gotten around to a body shop to do it.
The engine itself has no providence. This was a gamble I took, and whilst the head gasket has failed, that and the head have been sorted out, and there’s been no other trouble from the engine over the last 3 and a half years, so I think the engine is absolutely fine.
The drivers seat has the usual bolster crumbling away.
It’s not perfect, but I reckon there isn’t much left to get it good again. I’ll also need to collate the vast collection of spares I’ve acquired over the years, but I’ll most likely throw them in should I get the asking price.
I am setting the bar really high, the market is bizarre right now, but then again that doesn’t seem to stop people paying over the odds for houses. That’s why I would want as close to £4000 as possible. I’d rather keep it if it was too low.
3834 total views, 1 today
Popular Ads Overall
- Peugeot 406 Coupe V6 Brembo 4-pot Brake Calipers (48344 views)
- Peugeot 205 GTI Rally Car (31793 views)
- 205 STDT (13033 views)
- Peugeot 205 Gti 1.9 Gti 1988 (12668 views)
- PEUGEOT 205 GTI (12148 views)
- 206gti 180 (9686 views)
- exterior trim wanted. desperately…… (9622 views)
- Peugeot 205 Dimma Rear Spoiler (9000 views)
- 205 Gti 1.9 For sale (8724 views)
- 1.9 205 GTI 1991 Miami Blue (8665 views)