- Country: United Kingdom
- Region: Cambridgeshire
- City: Huntingdon
- Phone: 447736316052
- Contact Name: David Bufton
- Car Type: Standard
- Year: 1992
- Colour: Cherry Red
- Condition: Fair
- Engine Type: Petrol
- Engine Size: 1.9
- Mileage: 111k
- Power: 120bhp
- Listed: 30/10/2013 1:12 PM
- Expires: This ad has expired
I’ve decided to sell my little project that I haven’t got the time or patience to finish due to other commitments/projects.
I bought this car about 3 years ago now, and was aiming at tidying it up and generally restoring it, with the possibility of doing a couple of track days in it in the future.
Generally the car is in good working order, the paint work is a bit bad in places (bonnet, around the aerial on the roof, and on the top of the tail gate, where the previous owner drilled through to fit a spoiler), but the wings, doors, rear quarters and rest of the roof are in very good condition for a 22 year old car. There are some minor spots of rust on the lower rear quarters and a small piece of the top corner of the bonnet but it is all surface rust so quite fixable.
Mechanically it has had quite a bit of money spent on it. The list is as follows;
· The engine has had the belts and water pump changed
· both front wheel hub bearings have been changed
· New clutch and accelerator cables
· Full Ashley exhaust fitted
· New brake discs and pads
· New braided brake hoses
· New radiator
· New battery (that has been on trickle charge in the garage at all times)
· New spark plugs
· New filters and liquids
· New brake master cylinder
The car was lowered by the previous owner on different springs and shocks (koni dampers on the rear).
When I got the car it didn’t come with a huge amount of history (a couple of old MOT certificates), so I can only tell you the bits I have done to it.
The car is currently MOT’d, but that is due to expire in approx 2 weeks. There is no Tax on the car as it is currently SORN’d.
The bad points
· The drivers side front driveshaft seal is leaking slightly
· There is a small oil leak from the oil cooler
· The bonnet, front section of the roof and top of the tail gate needs some bodywork attention (see pictures)
· Drivers side bolster has flattened – as usual with these cars
· The engine needs setting up properly as it does idle a bit high then low
· Brakes could probably do with re-bleeding
· Generally could do with a bit of a tidy up
· It has the phase 1 style gearbox on it (over and up type reverse)
· No stereo
· She starts, stops and goes very well
· Has a fairly good set of Yokohama prada spec 2’s on the car – 1 needing a repair as it has a slow puncture
· Comes with a spare set of standard 1.9 wheels with tyres
· Full performance exhaust system
· Full working sunroof
· Electrics work
· Interior is in good condition
· Body work is in pretty good condition
· Wouldn’t take much for someone with the right knowledge to sort out
I’d love to keep this car, as I am aware these cars keep going up in value, and I love the shape of the car, but i’ve already put a fair amount of money into it, so i’m thinking it would be best to cut my losses and focus on my other project (Clio 172 track car).
I think I’ve been as honest as I can be with the car, but I am no expert and there may be some bits I have missed.
The car is currently garaged, with a trickle charger on the battery. I’m going to just tidy it up over the weekend and give it a bit of a clean and polish (I’m a member of detailing world forum).
I’ve seen a few other cars in a similar condition up for sale for the £1000 – 1200 prices, so I am thinking of asking for this sort of money ono. But obviously I am open to offers for people on this forum as I know it will be looked after.
Please PM, ring or text me for contact details if you’d wish to talk to me or come and see the car.
I would be willing to put a fresh 12 months MOT on the car for the new buyer, if the car sells for something close to the asking price.
9462 total views, 2 today
Popular Ads Overall
- Peugeot 406 Coupe V6 Brembo 4-pot Brake Calipers (51361 views)
- Peugeot 205 GTI Rally Car (32472 views)
- 205 STDT (24144 views)
- Peugeot 205 Gti 1.9 Gti 1988 (14106 views)
- PEUGEOT 205 GTI (12869 views)
- Peugeot 205 Dimma Rear Spoiler (10959 views)
- exterior trim wanted. desperately…… (10150 views)
- 206gti 180 (10135 views)
- 1.9 205 GTI 1991 Miami Blue (9707 views)
- 205 Gti 1.9 For sale (9462 views)